Sugar and Spice

Sunday, April 29, 2012
The new color of my daughter Liv's, room was a hit with my close friend who was visiting from out of town. She went home and painted it in a couple of her rooms. The color is Celery Sprig by Behr. But I can't take credit for this one, my creative and talented mother-in-law helped both of my girls with their rooms and they turned out great.  I'm not joking when I say that my mother in law would give Martha Stewart a run for her money (except I don't think she knows anything about surviving in prison)! She has an incredibly beautiful way of decorating with items that represent the most peaceful and intricate parts of nature; Olivia was lucky enough to benefit from her touch. Having her work with the girls on their rooms gave us a chance to work on other areas of the house, otherwise I'm not sure how long it would have taken to get to them.

Before! I thought these unique shelves may have to go but luckily Grandma Caralee saw some potential in them...
After! the shelves add a lot to Olivia's room and the paint is a much better shade of green!







Stay tuned to see Kylee's room. Also, Saturday morning Kylee and I demolished my sons dropped ceiling after my husband made a remark about the girls not helping to move something in the yard (a hot tub no less!). We wanted to flex our muscles and show off our "girl power". My son was suppose to tear down the ceiling himself weeks ago, this was the perfect project. We have a few projects in the works right now that should be wrapping up during May, including this one!


Cheers!

4 comments:

Jamey said...

wow it looks like a 10000000$ room

Jamey said...

from livy i love my room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::)

Jamey said...

from livy i love my room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::)

Jamey said...

i love my room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Post a Comment